Pep Guardiola has previously insisted that Yaya Toure would not play for City unless he received an apology from the Ivorian’s agent Dimitri Seluk over comments made about Guardiola and the player’s future.
In a statement on Friday morning, Toure apologised ‘on behalf of himself and those who represent him’ and Guardiola has described Toure’s gesture as “good news” for the Premier League leaders.
The 45-year-old told reporters: “I spoke with him this morning. It was private. I know what he said. What is important for Manchester City.
“It is good news for Manchester City. Yaya has been in all our meetings and training sessions. You knew the situation. Nothing has changed.
“I answered about Yaya. I don’t want to answer any more. You knew the situation.”