Tiger Woods last played competitively at the Wyndham Championship in August 2015.
The 14-time major champion was set to return at the Safeway Open last week, but withdrew as he felt his game was not ready.
However, the 40-year-old said he would be back for the Hero World Challenge, which he hosts and benefits his foundation.
“I’ll be there. I’m playing,” Woods said on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
“I’m not quite there, where I feel like I can shoot 63s and 64s in tournaments.
“I’m shooting the low rounds at home, but I just don’t quite feel as quite ready to shoot those type scores under tournament conditions.”
The Hero World Challenge is set to be held in the Bahamas from December 1-4.