Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, on Friday, said the club will have to discuss if they would sign new players in the January transfer window in order to strengthen the Blues’ squad.
Lampard said this while reacting to the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) decision to reduce the club’s transfer ban on signing new players.
CAS had earlier reduced the ban on Chelsea as they found the West London club guilty of breaching two of its regulations on player transfers, specifically regarding bringing in U18s and ‘third-party influence’ but “for a significantly smaller number of players (about 1/3 of the violations found by FIFA)”.
DAILY POST recalls that the Federation of International Football Association, FIFA, imposed the ban on Chelsea after they were found to have broken rules regarding the registering of young players.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash with Everton, Lampard was quoted by Football London as saying: “CAS, it is what it is. Now we know. The club was working towards us and it’s a positive outcome. We can look forward and it’s good from a footballing point of view.
“New signings? I’m not going to go down too many lines on that now. We will see where we are. In terms of the bigger picture it is constantly fluid.
“We haven’t discussed it [signing new players] too much before the decision. Now it’s a discussion we can take up.
“About the signings, I haven’t had that conversation. The fact that people have given us credit, that has to go to the group. I want more and to be higher up the table. If there is a chance to strengthen it, then we will look at it.”
papsonsports.com The home for trending sports news.