African football will crown its best of 2019 on Tuesday as Confederation of African Football (Caf) hosts the annual awards ceremony.
Premier League trio Riyad Mahrez, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane make up the final shortlist for the men’s award.
Asisat Oshoala of Nigeria and Barcelona, Ajara Nchout of Cameroon and Valerenga and Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa and Beijing Phoenix FC are on the women’s shortlist.
When will a winner be announced?
The ceremony is being held in Hurghada, Egypt on January 7, 2020, and scheduled to start at 9pm local time (7pm GMT).
A winner is expected to be announced no earlier than an hour into the ceremony, so 8pm GMT.
How to watch
Fifa are broadcasting the ceremony LIVE on their YouTube account. You can watch here.
Full list of awards and nominees
Men’s Player of the Year
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
Women’s Player of the Year
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroon and Valerenga)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria and Barcelona)
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa and Beijing Phoenix FC)
African Interclubs Player of the Year
- Anice Badri (Tunisia and Esperance)
- Tarek Hamed (Egypt and Zamalek)
- Youcef Belaïli (Algeria and Esperance/Ahli Jeddah)
African Youth Player of the Year
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco and Borussia Dortmund)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria and Villarreal)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria and Lille)
African Men’s Coach of the Year
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal – Senegal)
- Djamel Belmadi (Algeria – Algeria)
- Moine Chaâbani (Tunisia – Esperance)
African Women’s Coach of the Year
- Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon)
- Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria)
African Men’s National Team of the Year
African Women’s National Team of the Year
- South Africa
papsonsports.com The home for trending sports news.