Kurt Zouma remains sidelined with a long-term knee injury.
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has said Euro 2016 finalist Dimitri Payet will not be fit to play the whole game after making a delayed start to pre-season.
Aaron Cresswell and Manuel Lanzini are out with knee injuries but Andre Ayew and Sofiane Feghouli could be involved.
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte wants his players to channel the spirit of champions Leicester City: “When you watch Leicester’s games you understand this great feeling between the players.
“Every player is ready to help his team-mate because he knows in another situation his team-mate will help him.
“It’s important to have this if you want to win. It’s important to have talented, fantastic players, but it’s important as well to create the right spirit.”
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: “We have a good squad – we’ve kept most of the players and we’ve added some players too.
“We are expecting them to improve us – we’d expect that even without them because we have been together for a year now and had a good last season.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League home matches against West Ham (W7, D3).
- The Hammers last won at Stamford Bridge in September 2002 when Paolo Di Canio’s late goal clinched a 3-2 victory.
- Chelsea’s tally of 50 points last season is the lowest of any reigning Premier League champion.
- They could go six home games without a win for the first time since a 12-match run between November 1994 and April 1995.
- The Blues have amassed 51 points from their opening Premier League fixtures, more than any other team.
- Antonio Conte is unbeaten in 28 successive league home matches as a club manager since January 2013 (W26, D2).
- Chelsea have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 12 home league matches since beating Norwich City 1-0 in November 2015. They last went longer without a clean sheet in 1960-1961.
West Ham United
- West Ham finished higher than Chelsea last season for the first time in 20 years.
- They earned 15 points in London derbies last season, more than any other club. Chelsea managed 12 points.
- The Hammers have scored at least one goal in each their last 13 league matches.